Friday, May 06, 2011

Meditation Insights - March Workshop

I had an image through the last meditation that we did. I was sure of the image that I was getting. The picture I had in mind was a space that held and included a scene of a lot of children and adults, which is not an uncommon sight. However, there was something very different going on at the time that I could not describe.

After some very unsettling days thinking about it, the difference came to me. The word that described the scene that was very different from what we experience in our culture today was "respect".

Respect for the land we walked on, the food we ate, the air we breathed. Respect that each adult and child had for themselves and respect that was shared between both child and adult. It seemed almost like a dream. Respect is the "missing link" for every aspect of life as we know it, on this planet.

-LC, workshop participant

No comments: