Sunday, April 18, 2010

Seeing with my body

I am glowing from the effects of a truly spiritual and beautiful experience. I am blessed to have been given the gift of house sitting in a lovely home with an amazing meditation room. The home is set back in the woods and is surrounded with the beauty of nature.

I just spent 45 minutes in the meditation room, first lying on the floor to center and come back to myself. I felt so calm and peaceful. I sat up and looked out a window that faces the back yard into the woods. I remembered something we talked about at the November Unergi weekend. I stopped "looking" with my eyes and instead I let the images enter my visual field. It was no longer an active process. It was as if I was gazing instead of peering. My eyes opened more, my face relaxed, my jaw opened, my neck released, my shoulders dropped. I stood up with a lightness that amazed me and I walked to the window. I stood there for 20 minutes, gazing into the woods to see what would come to my eyes. My legs were rooted like a tree and my chest and shoulders open and released. My head and neck were (and still are) free and easy. I felt as if I was seeing with my body because what I saw was affecting my entire body.

I stood there as the sun set and it slowly became more and more dark by the minute. I saw the tiny movements of leaves rustling on branches and blooming flower petals falling from trees. There were several deer grazing on grass. I didn't notice until one turned and I saw her striped white tail. Squirrels scurried in circles up the trunks of trees and hopped across thin branches. Perhaps I wouldn't have seen these things if I was "looking". It was glorious!

No comments: