Friday, February 19, 2010

Welcome to the N E W Unergi Blog!

Welcome to this most exciting NEW Unergi Blog. The experience of Unergi is unique to each person who participates in the study group/training. What follows are excerpts from a number of students in response to Unergi homework/play and self-evaluations. These excerpts capture the essence of an insight, an ‘a-ha’ moment which creates profound change in a person’s life. Each is an outward manifestation of a heart-centered attempt to come to terms with the lessons learned through intense and/or lighthearted Unergi sessions and exercises – experiences that are often challenging to integrate into the fabric of one’s life but are carried in the soul until new choices of response become more easily available.

Because these studies are experiential and holistic (blending bodywork, movement, art, writing, interactions with nature, and so on), the content of these pieces is quite varied, and we try to include perspectives on various components of Unergi. Real change occurs for the students who undertake this journey, and it can be quite wrenching when old aspects of the personality and life situation die and transform into something new. We often joke that each student should take a “before” and “after” picture of themselves, because the changes experienced are so profound as to have a penetrating impact on one’s physical appearance. We feel and therefore look different; more present, content, and accepting of our self and the world around us.

I invite you to open your heart to these students’ voices, so that you may share in their journey and open yourself to the experience of transformation. Hearing their struggle and joys toward authenticity may inspire your own quest.

What is Unergi?

Unergi, you and me on a journey home. (Mary Lou)

My body says, “I am here to help you know truth in your belly, in your bones, in your body and soul. The truth is not fully born in you unless it is born in the body.” Divine Essence itself lives in me and teaches me precious lessons right here in the comfort and discomfort of my own body. And Unergi has opened these gates of communion in a most kind and timely way. (Candace)

Unergi has helped me find the path Home at a time in my life when I was desperately Homesick. Little by little I am owning my rightful space on Mother Earth. (Kathy)

Unergi is a perception of self and the world that embraces art, nature and the universe, and the impulse for the soul to soar and live this life as fully as it can in this lifetime. (Ruthie)

Unergi appears almost as an improvisational dance of words, movements, growls, yearnings and shouts of joy. (Denise)

Unergi teaches that the responsibility for change lies within me. I learn to own this response-ability and experience empowerment, which moves me towards more holistic/spiritual ways of living my life. Unergi also teaches acceptance (the key to transcendence); it is an honoring of self and others for where one dwells in space and time. Unergi acknowledges one’s pain, for in knowing our pain we allow new truths to enter our lives - the pathway to wholeness. (Kathy)

I am in awe that such small body movements can enable two people to exchange so much information. I am starting to experience more of the power of intention in this work and the power to listen to both what is said and what is not said by the body. I am also aware that my body is adjusting to the level of trust that it experiences with each new Unergi student therapist. Unergi allows me to reenter the children’s garden where I still believe I can dance and paint my way to happiness and God. (Ray)

1 comment:

Amy Myers said...

I am so excited to be part of the beginning of the Unergi blog. It will be wonderful to see it grow and blossom!